NAME : John S. Mackey
CURRENT POSITION :
Part-time Education/Training Consultant and MSD Consulting Minister
Mailing address: 120 Bagley Drive, Suwanee, GA 30024
Web address/other address:
VITAE IN BRIEF :
M.Ed. in Education ( Georgia State University), ABD in Learning Technology ( Georgia State University), M.Div. (Candler School of Theology, Emory University)
SAMPLE SERMON/PROGRAM TOPICS: Sermons:
- Community Building
- Valuing Diversity
- Embracing Change
- Social Action
- Faith and Spiritual Development
- I Will Die, but I’m Not Dead Yet: Planning Ahead Participants will leave the workshop with clearer understanding of their religious beliefs and have practical plans for the end of their life.
- Personal Growth and Faith Development This workshop will engage each individual in growth promoting activities and provide opportunities for the exploration of issues of our individual faith and spirituality in the context of liberal religion.
- REDISCOVERING AND RECOVERING YOUR RELIGIOUS PAST Many UUs have left the religious tradition of our childhood and youth, often with hard feelings. This workshop will engage participants in a revisiting of the positive and negative aspects of our religious background.
- Faith Development in the Context of a Unitarian Universalist Congregation How much of what you believe today is the same that you believed as a child, or even ten years ago. Beliefs change – over time, based on experiences, learning, insights and thought. This workshop is based on the premise that changes in our beliefs are a very natural part of being a human and something that we should celebrate. However, like any other part of your life – it has to be tended to, nurtured, and revisited periodically.
___X___ Contact directly for available dates in 2009-10.
[We know that ministers serving congregations full-time have few extra Sundays available.]
_______ Not available during the 2009-10 church year.
FEE NOTES: $200 Sunday worship/sermon,. Requests travel and other expenses covered. [$200 for Sunday presentation, plus travel/accommodation expenses, is the expected standard.]
DATE THIS INFO SENT: ___2/27/09_______________________
“If you follow the need, you’ll never lack for a useful purpose.” Marian Wright Edelman
John S. Mackey 120 Bagley Drive Suwanee, GA 30024 404-316-5751 email@example.com